Displaying Custom Fields in CustomerHub: A Step-by-Step Guide for Shopify Merchants
CustomerHub app enables Shopify merchants to add custom fields (metafields) to their customer account pages, offering a personalized and enhanced customer experience. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of displaying custom fields in your CustomerHub app, allowing customers to view or edit metafields on their account page.
Step 1: Create Customer Metafields in Shopify
Follow our guide on creating customer metafields in Shopify to set up your custom fields. Remember to use the recommended namespace for CustomerHub:
Step 2: Sync Your Metafields with CustomerHub
- In your Shopify admin, navigate to the CustomerHub app.
- Click on "Customize" in the app's main dashboard.
- Select "Custom Fields" from the left-hand menu.
- Click the "Resync Metafields" button to synchronize your customer metafields with CustomerHub.
Step 3: Choose Where to Display Custom Fields
In the "Custom Fields" section of the CustomerHub app, you can display custom fields in two different sections:
- Editable in Customer's Profile: Allows customers to view and edit the custom field in their profile.
- Visible in the Customer's Profile Card: Displays the custom field on the customer account page dashboard, but the field is not editable.
To add a custom field to either section:
- Find the metafield you want to display from the list of available metafields.
- Check the box next to the corresponding section (Editable in Customer's Profile or Visible in the Customer's Profile Card) where you want to display the custom field.
- You can choose to display the field in one, both, or neither of these sections, based on your preferences.
Please note that you cannot rearrange the order of custom fields in these sections.
By following these steps, you can successfully display custom fields on your customer account pages using the CustomerHub app, offering a more personalized and user-friendly experience for your customers.